Show graph of last 24 Hr

On the Dash board it shows graph of today. I'd more like it to show the last 24 hours.

I use pi-hole at home. The busy time it at night from 6PM to midnight. If I check the usage in the next morning I can't easily see last night data.

If the time can be configured by user then it will be the best!

Maybe I asked too much? Thanks pi-hole it's a great product!

If i look it up i can see the graph every day from 00:00 until now

Would having the option of seeing yesterday's stats and graph be satisfactory? So far, having a rolling 24hr window is a little complicated in the backend.

The current backend shows you the log from midnight till now. For the upcoming FTL engine, we experimented with a rolling time frame of 24 hours, but, as @Mcat12 already pointed out, it makes the code considerably more complicated. However, in the current development edition of Pi-hole there is an option to show more than just today.

Normal statistics (INCLUDE_YESTERDAY=false):

Extended statistics (INCLUDE_YESTERDAY=true):

Is that going into the direction you are looking into?

You can try it out for yourself at any time, but be warned that the development version of Pi-hole changes on a daily basis and things may break and it is not always straightforward to fix things.

Thanks for the reply and glad to know you have a solution. I'll try the development version when I get time. But I am still looking forward to have it include in the stable version. Maybe a pull down switch on top of the graph for user to select "today(default)", "yesterday", "this week" ...?

No doubt, there will be a way into the stable version. But switching to the development version is something you can do to be on the edge of things. But again, first consider the warning. If you can wait, then it might be more safe to wait.

And here you can see how fast things can change on the cutting-edge development version of Pi-hole.

TIMEFRAME=TODAY

TIMEFRAME=24h

TIMEFRAME=YESTERDAY

4 Likes

this would be cool to change
what are the exact commands for the collandline?

If you want to get into the development branch, update to the most recent version of Pi-hole (v2.13.2) and run

pihole checkout dev

that should be all you have to do. Run pihole -up from time to time to stay on the bleeding edge. Feel free to contact us if you find issues that are not already reported on GitHub.

i am on dev but my timestamp today is only from 06:00? strange

What's the output of

head -n1 /var/log/pihole.log

pi@pihole:~ $ head -n1 /var/log/pihole.log
Mar 15 06:25:06 dnsmasq[6035]: query[A] pihole from 127.0.0.1
pi@pihole:~ $

Yeah, so that's why. Your log contains only stuff from 06:25 onwards.

What is the output of

pihole-FTL version

v.1.5
just reinstalled it that worped btw

as i just went back to my webinterface i was confused by this: @DL6ER

didn't change untill i restartet my computer :confused:
its working fine now :wink:
just so u know this maby its normal idk

You can blame your browser for this. It cached the old Javascript from the master branch instead of fetching the updated Javascripts. This issue is outside of our capabilities... Flushing the browser's cache or restarting the browser should usually be sufficient.

This means the browser had cached the previous version of the admin page. CTRL + F5 usually sorts it!

i Thought so :raised_hands: it works now :wink:

well as i just saw my timestamp is still not on 24h ...? did i do something wrong :bow:

Please run pihole -up again to ensure you have the most recent version (v1.5.1)