Total queries going down every day

I recently installed myself a Pi-hole on a orangepizero with a 64gb sdcard I had laying around

I updated to the latest beta build for the NXDOMAIN blocking through FTLDNS

Everything works fine with the exception that I see the queries routinely go down.

Shouldn't they go up every day? It's almost as if previous ones get flushed after a certain amount of time.

For example yesterday my queries totalled 18k, now they're 15k. I didn't restart the PI nor touch anything else.

Debug Token: yaxtcml1gq

i think it gets flushed daily you dont need a debug token

cat /etc/cron.d/pihole

1 Like

All shown statistics are over the most recent 24 hours.

18k va. 15k seems to be a typical daily variation on a healthy network, is there anything that makes you skeptical that this fluctuations are certainly out of order?

@Flocker mentioned he's using FTLDNS which doesn't care about the log files any longer.

I got skeptical when it dropped around 3k to 4k queries after applying some DHCP related settings - and it wasn't around midnight either

I'm currently at about 13k queries a day on the Pi-hole in my office. This is how my over time graph looks like (please don't try to reverse engineer what are my working hours :wink: ):

Does yours look worryingly different?

Looks about right

at least now I know when to break into your home

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.