Pi-hole slow to respond

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

I expect that the DNS will be working all the time.

Actual Behaviour:

At some times, the DNS seems not to be working. Have to press refresh a few times until the pi-hole "wakes up" and serves the page. Last night (late) it did it even for Google.com (that was supposed to be cached).
It is super annoying for me and my family.

Debug Token:

I'll provide one soon, when I get home. However if there is any other log that I can look at please let me know. I am not sure if Pi is really sleeping, but sure it acts like it.

Hi,

is there a high workload on the CPU?

Debug token is: 1gte9bytsh

I have running piaware on that Pi also, but it's CPU load is averaging below 30%. Total load on CPU is max 40-50%.

I actually gonna go ahead and disable DNSSEC for now.

Are your router and Pi connected by wifi or wire (recommended)? Maybe your wifi connection is not the best one?

You're going to get me to load PiAware again aren't you. :wink:

I don't know :slight_smile:
It did it again, after I have turned off DSNSEC - on eBay, when I tried to hit the messages link. Refresh didn't help, I had to go back and hit again that link and then... it worked.
I am puzzled. Logs don't show anything.

I wonder if is something to do with the fact that is connected via WiFi. Signal is strong, but it's in 2.4GHz band, and there are several other routers that I "see" around, including the one inside my power company meter (they read it from the street, driving around in a small truck).
Hmmm, It's a problem to run CAT5E cable to there, but if I have to... I'll do it.

LE: How can I log the WiFi connection?

I have moved the router slightly closer to the location of the Pi and it seems that I don't have the interruptions anymore.
Using "wavemon" I can see that the connected rates are at 72Mbps with link quality at 80% (green range now, before it was on yellow).
If anyone wants this:

sudo apt-get install -y wavemon

Nope, still have issues. Took multiple refresh tries to access this website (that was not in cache previously):
https://www.cotidianul.ro

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.