Show various "Pi-holed" variations in the query log

Hi,

when displaying the recent queries and their status we get 2 outputs for blocked queries:
Pi-holed
Pi-holed (wildcard)

Is it possible to implement a third one, which displays the blocked queries via the dashboard blacklist like:
Pi-holed (blacklist) ?

Frank

We will be investigating, but note that the Blacklist is actually not special in any means. It is "just" added as an extra (local!) list to gravity and can currently not easily be separated from the other blocking lists. We would have to compare each and every blocked request to the blacklist entries if we would want to detect this properly.

We could, of course, also separate the blacklist from gravity.list which would make the detection very easy, but I'm not sure if we want to do this. I'll check back with the team what they are thinking about it. Most likely some of them will reply just in here.

1 Like

Hi,

the intention was to check if a "Pi-holed" results from one of the blacklists or from one of the many single entries in my dashboard - they still can't be sorted :frowning:

In the meantime i created a private blacklist on my ftp with all my single blacklist entries - works perfect!

When this PR is merged, the user's blacklist will be stored in a separate file such that FTL can detect and show this easily.