PiHole directly on Routers (Tomato, MerlinWRT, DD-WRT, openWRT)

I just got a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X and installed OpenWRT on it.

If anybody needs help testing, please call me.

It would be great to have pi-hole in the router… what is more, probably is the right place.

Why not a merge/fusion?? In other words, talk to the developer of Diversion —what is called now the AB solution— and try to implement the pi-hole benefits on their solution.

Probably much better than start form scratch.

Is there a repository somewhere with the code for this application?

Seems that it was for the previos versions, but I can't find any information about the current version. The code seems to be the open source with GPL3 license.

Hello all,

I am new to this Community, wanted to check if Pihole could be made to run on Asus RT-68U with Merlin OS running

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

For your router I would suggest you investigate this project:

https://diversion.ch/diversion/diversion.html

Thank you, I have already installed the diversion but was checking option for Pihole, read some articles where users tried and then stopped. So wanted check if there was any other option.

I have a Netgear X10 (R9000) Router with a 1.7GHz Quad Core processor and plenty of RAM to spare. It is also running the latest available version of DD-WRT. I’m willing to be a test subject if needed. :wink:

EDIT: Just realized this was a zombie thread. :sweat_smile:

Considering both of those GitHub repos are over 3 years old, I'm not surprised it doesn't work.