Help Us Beta Test FTLDNS

Pihole works like a charm on my raspberry pi 3. I just updated to the FTLDNS Beta and everything is working on my raspberry pi except the query log. When I click it on the GUI it just show me the message: Processing. Tried rebooting the Pi but no luck.

See this related topic:

Thnx for the quick tip! I just reverted back to the master and then went for the FTLDNS beta again. Everything works now :slight_smile:

7 posts were split to a new topic: FTLDNS related questions

I have added unbound to this and... it works! Now I see the "queries answered by" graph starting to populate with "localhost".

You can create or edit /etc/pihole/pihole-FTL.conf and add IGNORE_LOCALHOST=yes

Then, restart FTL (sudo systemctl restart pihole-FTL) and that will prevent localhost from showing in the query log.

2 Likes

FTLDNS, v3.3-181-ga7e7680 has been flawless for me so far. Thanks.

1 Like

After disable Query logging 'Query Log' will stop PI-hole complete

6 posts were split to a new topic: Ubuntu starting dnsmasq

5 posts were split to a new topic: Unable to use unbound as upstream DNS server

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Unable to use unbound as upstream DNS server

It would be nice to be notified, through the installer that the ftldns deletes every dnsmasq configuration.
My Raspberry pi functions as a router and needs dnsmasq for bridging - now I probably could setup all again.

The original dnsmasq config file is backed up, and if you have any files in dnsmasq.d they are left.

FTL is effectively a wrapper around dnsmasq, so all the same config files will work with it

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Can Pi-Hole run without FTL