DNS cache question, force pi hole to get non cache version on specific domain

Hey guys
new user here however I have been using Pi-hole for the past year and seen many improvements! i love it. I decided to redesign my entire network
Long story short, I have all clients go through Pi-hole like you do, works like a dream. EXCEPT for 1 device. I created a custom nixie tube clock and instead of using a onboard RTC because more component cost. I just added the library to call out to time.nist.gov which makes it simple to get the time on an esp8266.
The problem I am running into is pi-hole caches these requests about 50% of the time. Since it is cached it sometimes causes the clock to get the wrong time. I have tested this theory by putting my clock on the guest network which does not have any DNS filtering and no problems. I also had this clock running 24/7 at work for about 6 months with zero glitches. It happens maybe once every 2 days and after a few hours it will fix itself by requesting the time again.
The question is, is there a way within pi-hole or manually to exclude a certain domain from being cached? or to "force" it to get a certain domain 100% of the time.

I tried searching through google and this forum for the answer but came up with nothing as it was somewhat hard to narrow down the hundreds of results for caching pertaining to tons of topics
Thanks

Not that I know of. You can disable the cache completely. The other option would be to have that device not use Pi-hole, but that is probably undesirable.

yeah ideally i'd like it to use pi hole but in reality its not that big of a deal because after all its just a clock.
The problem lies within my coding. I coded it for DHCP. then I manually assigned a reserved IP via my router. With the reserved ip it only allows you to set the ip and nothing of the mask or gateway :frowning: so will have to figure a way around that